Whether you're unemployed or working but entertaining thoughts of moving on, finding a new job is an involved process that takes lots of commitment and hard work. Sifting through job openings can be akin to finding a needle in a haystack.
Searching through that proverbial haystack, however, is even more difficult when you're forced to compete against hundreds of others doing exactly the same. But finding a job, and doing so quickly, doesn't need to be so difficult.
The following tips should help cut down on the trials and tribulations of looking for work.
· Network. Family, friends, former co-workers or anyone else you have regular contact with outside of your current office can all be great sources of information when looking for a job.
· Get organized. Keep track of your job-searching efforts.
· Know what you have to offer.
· Customize your letters and resumes.
· Stay motivated. Keep working hard and you'll find that, in due time, opportunity will come knocking.
Exxon oil spill affects arkansas'residents
LITTLE ROCK, AR - Attorney General Dustin McDaniel on Wednesday visited the Mayflower neighborhood where Exxon Mobil Corp.'s Pegasus pipeline ruptured, causing a major oil spill and forcing the evacuation of area residents.
McDaniel has ...
April is Child Abuse Awareness Month
Behind any child abuse statistic are heartbreaking child abuse stories. The reality is that even today, child abuse remains an “uncomfortable” subject in our society even with the rates of child abuse increasing. Child abuse reaches across all ...