is 40° F or below, it is safe to refreeze or cook.
* Refrigerated food should be safe as long as the power was out for no more than 4 hours. Keep the door closed as much as possible.
* Discard any perishable food (such as meat, poultry, fish, eggs or leftovers) that has been above 40° F for two hours or more.
* Water may not be safe to drink or cook with; however, unless told otherwise by local officials it should be safe for bathing, cleaning, etc.
* Listen to and follow public announcements. Local authorities will tell you if tap water is safe to drink or to use for cooking or bathing. If the water is not safe to use, follow local instructions to use bottled water or to boil or disinfect water for cooking, cleaning, or bathing. Boil water notices known to the Department of Health are listed on its website: www.healthyarkansas.com
* If a boil order is issued for your area, water used for drinking or food preparation must be boiled briskly for one (1) minute prior to use.
* All ice water should be discarded, and only boiled or disinfected water used to make ice.
* Use only bottled, boiled, or treated water for drinking, cooking or preparing food, washing dishes, cleaning, brushing your teeth, washing your hands, making ice,
and bathing until your water supply is tested and found safe. If your water supply is limited, you can use alcohol-based hand sanitizer for washing your hands.
* If you use bottled water, be sure it came from a safe source. If you do not know that the water came from a safe source,
Exxon oil spill affects arkansas'residents
LITTLE ROCK, AR - Attorney General Dustin McDaniel on Wednesday visited the Mayflower neighborhood where Exxon Mobil Corp.'s Pegasus pipeline ruptured, causing a major oil spill and forcing the evacuation of area residents.
McDaniel has ...
April is Child Abuse Awareness Month
Behind any child abuse statistic are heartbreaking child abuse stories. The reality is that even today, child abuse remains an “uncomfortable” subject in our society even with the rates of child abuse increasing. Child abuse reaches across all ...